Let’s face it: most of us don’t have time for a full-scale assault on the disorganization in some rooms of our homes. What we do have, however, is 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there. So what can you organize in ten minutes? Let’s look at three ways to organize your kitchen RIGHT NOW.
Clean out the fridge. (If this takes longer than 10 minutes, then clean one shelf).
- Get rid of expired condiments.
- Toss expired and smelly foods and compost slimy produce.
- Wipe the shelves of random drops of bbq sauce, etc.
- Put everything back in a way that makes sense for your family and showcases what needs to be eaten first.
Organize the plastic storage containers.
- Put the right lids with the right containers.
- Nest as much as possible to save space.
- Toss containers that are broken, don’t have lids, or are leaky.
Organize a Cabinet
- Pick one! It could be the cabinet with all the plastic cups, the one with all the spices, etc.
- Toss/Recycle anything old, split, broken, that you have 5 of already, etc.
- For spices or foods: check expiration dates and the colors of your spices. If they’ve started to fade consider tossing.
Three Ways to Organize your Kitchen RIGHT NOW