When you decide to start prepping for a renovation project there are, obviously, many things to consider. Before you start ripping out walls and sinks and such, make sure to take your time and follow these simple tips.
- Get some inspiration. Whether it’s from the pages of a magazine or our Pinterest page, consider looking for ideas of what you want to create before you begin. This will help you think about colors, storage, spacing, etc.
- Measure, measure, measure! There’s no point in planning a project if you don’t know the measurements of the space you’re working with. Measure and write it all down.
- Wander around home improvement stores. There’s nothing wrong with taking some time to just go wander. Look at cabinet options, look at sinks, closet organization systems, whatever could be used in the space you’re working with. Maybe wander a furniture store too! Take some photos of things you like, head back home, and look at your space again with these things in mind.
- Check for items that might cause problems: is there an electrical outlet that might need to be moved or capped off? Is there plumbing in the walls that could be an issue? Are there studs where you’ll be able to use them?
- How extensive will this project be? Is this something you can accomplish on your own? Will you need to enlist the help of a professional?
- Think about your budget: how much are you willing to spend on help, materials, etc? Before beginning any project, budgets need to be considered!
If you’ve got a renovation project in mind but aren’t sure how to begin prepping for a renovation or if you can tackle it on your own, give us a call at (970) 234-0039 and we’ll get you started!