Sometimes you just want to freshen up the house…without REALLY spending a lot of money or time, or hiring (us, for instance) someone to create a brand new look for you. Below are some easy remodeling projects that you can easily tackle yourself. Then, when you’re ready for more, give us a call!
- Painting. Painting is an easy and inexpensive way to give a room a completely new look. It’s one of many easy remodeling projects for your bedroom, bathroom, or even hallway. These days there are so many color options that you’re bound to find something that works for you. That could be a pale relaxing blue or a bold bright green. The best part is, if you get tired of it after a few years, you can change it again!
- In your kitchen, consider simple changes like the hardware on your cabinets, or bigger changes like counter tops or cabinet fronts. Even changing just a few of your solid cabinet fronts to glass or frosted glass can make a big difference!
- Lighting. Changing the lighting in a room to track lighting or even adding some under-cabinet lighting can change the look and feel of a room dramatically. Adding lamps in the bedroom or living room can also offer a softer look and feel.
- New fabrics. Change up your curtains (you can find perfectly nice, affordable curtains at places like Big Lots), your area rugs, your bathroom shower curtains and towels. There are a myriad of ways to use fabrics to change the color scheme or overall atmosphere of a room and this easy remodel project certainly won’t break the bank!
- Outdoor space. Finally, consider making some changes to your outdoor space. Add a xeriscape area, add mulch and new perennials to a neglected area of the yard, or even just clear out debris and add a bench. In a recent issue of Flower magazine landscape architect Steve Martino said, “A basic garden unit is a wall, a tree, a chair, and a little water. If you don’t have that, you don’t have a garden.” So start yourself a little garden with those 3 items and you’ll be well on your way to starting easy remodeling projects in the backyard!